Kotimainen sinfonisen metallin nimeen vannova Amberian Dawn julkaisee uransa kahdeksannen albumin nimeltä ”Darkness Of Eternity” marraskuun 10. päivä Napalm Recordsin kautta. Alla albumin kappalelista sekä säveltäjä Tuomas Seppälän kommentteja levyyn liittyen.
01. I’m The One
02. Sky Is Falling
05. Golden Coins
06. Luna My Darling
09. Breathe Again
10. Symphony Nr. 1, Part 2 – Darkness Of Eternity
11. Anyone (bonus track)
– ”Darkness Of Eternity” is one of the most emotional AMBERIAN DAWN album so far. It’s got some really bombastic songs in mood of dark and symphonic melodic metal and in contrast to that also some really poppy songs too.
– For me, it’s really hard to stick in one genre only and I constantly want to compose different kinds of songs!
– The song ”Symphony Nr.1. Part 1 – The Witchcraft” told the story on the last record, ”Innuendo”, before the time of ”Magic Forest”. The little girl is a healer and village elders buried her alive in a coffin. The track ”Symphony Nr.1. Part 2 – Darkness Of Eternity” on our upcoming record ”Darkness Of Eternity” tells the story of the girl lying in the coffin trying to get out. Darkness is asking her to dance the waltz of eternity. The story will continue in Part 3 and we will tell you how she became the Magic Forest’s evil witch!
– We did a lot of production at legendary Finnvox Studios in Helsinki, Finland; drum recordings, mixing by Mikko Karmila and mastering by Mika Jussila. We also used a live string section on orchestral parts and that added nice color on the sound.
– It’s easy for me to say that this album is with out any doubt the best sounding AMBERIAN DAWN album ever! It’s a kind of monument for me and it introduces the many sides of me as composer.
– I still feel very lucky that I’ve got Capri [Päivi Virkkunen] on this band because she’s probably the only singer capable singing all of those different styles with superior sound and feeling.
– In fall 2016 and spring 2017 I had the honor to visit ABBA’s Benny Andersson’s studio in Stockholm, Sweden, and was allowed to play his personal vintage keyboards and grand piano to be able to catch some of that ABBA vibe on a couple of ”pop-metal” songs. I know there’s really a huge contrast to those symphonic songs, but I just needed to go even further with this style I started with ”Court Of Mirror Hall” and ”Knock Knock Who’s There” on our previous album. So, if you liked those, you’re going to love ”Maybe” and especially ”Sky Is Falling”!